Crafting and Implementing Strategy
Register 5 weeks in advance and get an early bird discount of 10%
We live in times of increasing change with ever stronger effects on companies and on individuals. The aim of this course is to develop the strategic thinking skills, evaluation of strategic alternatives, prediction, and management of strategic change. Based on real-life cases, participants will learn practical concepts and new approaches to strategic management. They will develop the ability to apply strategic thinking when analyzing their dynamic and complex current business situation and the implementation of new key business concepts. The purpose of this course is to better understand the competitive forces in a turbulent world in which an organization operates, with special emphasis on maintaining a superior competitive position of companies. Mastering the strategic management is the key competence to successfully face the challenges ahead.
Who should attend?
- Decision makers who want to get more insight and up to date knowledge on dealing with strategic issues.
- Managers who want to understand why and how their daily work is affected by and is affecting the strategy of a company. Non-economists who wants to understand the way of thinking and behaving strategy-driven business people.
- Understand what strategy means and why it is so important?
- Be able to think, plan and act strategically and thereby forecast the strategic change.
- Get to know the most important strategic instruments and methodologies.
- Having the knowledge what it takes to successfully implement a strategy.
- Be aware that company and individual agility is a base for any strategic success and how to develop and maintain it.
- Earned his Ph.D. at the University of Stuttgart with the thesis “Strategic management of logistics”.
- 25 years of managerial experience – Alcatel, Telekom Austria Group, Deutsche Telekom Group, Boston Consulting Group, JCDecaux
- As the CFO of Mobilkom Austria Group, he oversaw the merger of Telekom Austria and Mobilkom Austria to create the largest telco operator of the region – A1 Telekom Austria.
- Received the European Change Communication Award 2010 Honor President of the German Croatian Chamber of Industry and Trade.
- Co-founder of the German International School in Zagreb.
- Advisory Board chairman of the foundation Knowledge at work
- Former guest professor at the Economic faculty of Stuttgart University and at the Business Academy of Stuttgart.